Senior Financial Reporting & SOX Compliance Analyst
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion is a rapidly growing company headquartered in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle with the mission of making sure pets have access to the very best medical care. We believe that our people are critical in achieving this mission and are looking for a new team member who is passionate about pets and wants to directly impact the functions and processes that support our growth. The right person for this role is excited to gain a strong understanding of the business and critically analyze and challenge our key risks, processes, and controls. We like independent thinkers that are self-starters and motivated by identifying and implementing improvements and efficiencies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate with the process and control owners to maintain the SOX business process and control documentation
- Test design and operating effectiveness for SOX business process controls and identify deficiencies
- Perform a root cause analysis on any identified SOX and other compliance related control deficiencies; work with the business process control owners to remediate control deficiencies
- Apply judgement to identify enhancements to processes and controls that most efficiently and effectively address risks
- For new processes or changes to the business, provide recommendations on control design and implementation
- Work closely with the rest of the compliance team to ensure the business process and IT SOX work is in alignment
- Assist in the quarterly and annual SEC reporting process; prepare and review financial reporting documents
- Implement and maintain financial reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Work closely with our external auditors to facilitate financial statements review/audit and SOX audit
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in public company or public accounting at a Big 4 firm
- Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Highly detailed understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC reporting requirements, and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Comfortable working independently
- Highly organized and results-driven
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with different levels of management
- Energetic, hands-on attitude toward projects, people and overall job responsibilities that translates into improvements in the internal control function
- Highly motivated with the ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.