Appeals Specialist - Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Needed!
Trupanion, North America's fastest growing pet insurance provider, is looking for a Vet Resolution Specialist.
Are you a detailed-oriented veterinary technician or assistant looking for a new challenge that has fantastic potential for growth? Do you love diving into complex medical cases? Are you self-motivated, confident, and passionate about helping pets? Do you want a career where you can use AND expand your existing medical knowledge? If you answered YES to these questions, then Trupanion has an exciting full-time opportunity as a Vet Resolution Specialist in our dynamic claims department.
Vet Resolution Specialists use their extensive medical knowledge and the Trupanion policy to review medical records, specialist reports, lab results, and invoices to complete an accurate secondary review of claims as part of our appeal process. They communicate closely with treating veterinarians, hospital staff, outside specialists, and pet owners throughout the secondary review process, answering calls from hospitals to initiate the appeals process and communicating the outcome to pet owners and veterinarians via phone and email. In addition to assessing appealed claims, Vet Resolution Specialists provide outstanding customer service to existing pet owners and veterinary hospitals regarding current, future, or past claims.
- Advanced knowledge of veterinary medical conditions and medical terminology.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of veterinary technician or assisting experience in a clinic/hospital environment. Preference given to candidates with licensed technician credentials.
- Certification as a veterinary technician specialist highly desirable
- Experience providing excellent customer service over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Inquisitive, independent, and self-motivated.
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills.
- Effective communicator
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys a challenge
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French highly desirable ($1 add’l/hour)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about