Head of Content
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
As the Trupanion brand continues and is increasingly recognized within the industry of medical insurance for pets, the need to develop strong & engaging content is greater than ever before.
Trupanion has created a new position, Head of Content, to oversee a brand new, dedicated content team designed to provide a rich and on-going flow of content to meet the needs of the business.
The Head of Content is responsible for the leadership, direction, creation and curation of meaningful, relevant content for key stakeholders across the pet acquisition teams with the goal to support conversion to deliver new pet growth.
Reporting to the Head of Conversion, this role will work closely with the pet acquisition teams (traditionally considered sales and marketing) and will be required to partner with support teams to create robust content solutions that complement the strategic direction of the brand’s creative and tactical plans.
The Head of Content will be responsible for delivering content in forms appropriate to the needs of the business, will work well under pressure and will be able to make recommendations dependent on target audience and channel of distribution. They will also be required to maintain a ‘finger on the pulse’ of new and innovative forms of content to position Trupanion as a world-class content provider; the authority on medical insurance for pets.
The Head of Content is required to be a mastermind of creative writing, be familiar with multimedia content production and be exceptional at crafting technically accurate material, interwoven with proprietary data to position Trupanion as the only choice for pet owners.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Accountability for the delivery and production of content in support of pet acquisition goals
- Establishing a brand new content team
- Partnership with heavy-weight content users including, but not limited to: website, social media, blog, PR, member experience and core channels (vet, breeder and shelter audiences).
- Ability to oversee the execution and testing of direct response content for direct conversion impact on and offline
- Creation of content to clearly demonstrate the Trupanion value proposition
- Personalization of content dependent on audience segmentation and profile
- Development and accountability for content roadmap
- Selection and management of external content agencies
- Delivery of multimedia content for use across social media and ecommerce sites (for Trupanion and partner sites/brands)
- Proactive development of content using industry insight and data to directly connect and weave in Trupanion’s industry expertise
- Reactive content production in the event of pet acquisition roadblocks / change of market condition
- Ability to work under pressure and be at ease with ‘getting stuck in’ to make things happen
- Working in conjunction with corporate partners to support content needs with a goal of representing the Trupanion brand.
- Oversight of budget allocation and tracking of content spend in conjunction with key business areas (finance, vet business etc) to ensure content is produced within growth guardrails
- Tracking of content impact and key deliverables to ensure continued development of evolution and best practices
- Stimulating a challenging and inspiring environment to encourage team to grow and flourish within Trupanion.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Extensive (10+ years) experience of content production
- Experience working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading or overseeing a content production team
- Knowledge or first-hand experience of multimedia content development
- Confident, self-motivated individual with strong, demonstrable bias for action, leadership and teambuilding
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Former experience with budgetary control and management
- Willingness to be a team player and a leader
- A strong sense of fun, empathy and impact
This senior position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, passionate and proven leader who’s ready to tackle a new opportunity with enormous career growth potential in a market waiting to be built.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about