Commissions and Reporting Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for an experienced, collaborative, and innovative Commissions and Reporting Manager to join the Finance Team! As a critical member of a rapidly diversifying public company, this individual will support the full commissions and sales operations cycle from supervising the daily operations, enhancing the business process by driving improvements and efficiencies, reporting and developing a new team. This is a hands-on position that requires the right candidate who is willing to dig into the details while capable of maintaining a 20k-foot view to support their team as well as be innovative and collaborative to support the business while driving management insights. Other critical skills include effective communication, the ability to navigate gray-areas, and a problem solver with an aptitude for process enhancement/building. This is an amazing opportunity to help support a new business unit from the ground up!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build, develop, train and mentor a new team.
- Oversee commissions and sales operational functions including, but not limited to: commission calculations, commission plan management, and commissions statements.
- Oversee the implementation of a new commission tool, Xactly.
- Build out and manage the training resources for Xactly.
- Support our Worksite Benefits (B2B) team with any commissions or payment related inquiries.
- Work with the corporate accounting team to ensure accurate monthly reconciliations and accruals.
- Ensure all commissions and sales operational processes and systems adhere to US GAAP and are SOX compliant.
- Prepare supporting documents for reporting, quarterly reviews, and/or year-end audits, as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with leaders across the business to ensure strong support of daily and strategic operations.
- Other ad hoc related tasks and projects as needed to support our 5-year strategic plan and vital growth initiatives.
- 5-7 years of commissions and sales operations experience, including 2+ years in leadership roles, desired
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, required
- Experience with Workday, or another Tier 1 ERP system, desired
- Experience utilizing and managing a commissions tool, Xactly experience desired
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and drive process improvements, required
- Exposure to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, desired
- Multinational experience desired
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business, preferred, but not required
- Public company experience preferred, but not required
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.