Partner Development Representative
Trupanion is looking for a talented and competitive sales professional to join the Outbound Engagement Team as a Partner Development Coordinator. This role is responsible for the outbound prospecting of new partner hospital opportunities and inbound engagement from interested veterinary hospitals, in order to gain commitment and buy-in to recommending Trupanion.
The right candidate should be motivated to work independently doing B2B calling and new business development. They will need to excel with outbound strategies, such as cold calling and lead generation, identifying and reaching decision makers. They should be comfortable with establishing rapport easily with a wide variety of potential partners. This job will require minimal travel and will be based out of the Seattle office.
This is a phone-heavy role. The right candidate must be comfortable making and taking 40-60 phone calls a day and working with veterinary hospitals and Trupanion Territory Partners to generate interest in Trupanion and explain the value in medical insurance for dogs and cats. Success in this role is based on individual performance in prospecting successful partner hospital leads to enroll into our Trupanion Partners Program.
Everyone in this role is eligible for a lucrative uncapped monthly compensation model based on individual sales metrics. Partner Development Coordinators can expect to earn an average compensation of $40,000 to $50,000 annually, while top performers can earn over $70,000. In addition to monthly compensation, we also offer stock options, a full benefits package (fully paid medical, dental, vision), and other excellent benefits (pet friendly office, paid pet medical insurance, paid sabbatical).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prospect, qualify, and follow-up with potential leads within an assigned geographical region, leveraging various sales and marketing tools to enroll them onto the Trupanion Partners Program
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls/emails and through inbound lead follow-up
- Research accounts, identify key players, and generate interest within prospective partner hospitals
- Engage and nurture contacts and coordinate appointments for Trupanion Territory Partners to advance the sales process
- Route opportunities to the appropriate Trupanion Territory Partner for onboarding into Trupanion Partners Program
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects in the pipeline
- Liaise with Trupanion Territory Partners and Account Managers to communicate about partner hospital leads
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals
- Be able to explain how the product works to prospective partner hospitals, including providing demonstrations or webinars
- Required 2+ years proven experience explaining and/or selling a product and describing its value to external audiences
- Consultative approach to selling to understand and solve veterinary hospital needs and problems
- Preference given to candidates with experience working with veterinary hospitals or in the veterinary industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, to include fluency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with preferred exposure to Dynamics CRM
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Motivated by lucrative compensation model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone presence
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Creative, innovative, and determined
- Ability to prioritize and maintain lead follow ups throughout sales cycle
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, and work independently
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with an inside sales environment – heavy outbound calling and lots of desk time
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site parking
Trupanion is a leader of medical insurance for dogs and cats, offering policies in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Trupanion’s mission is to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care. A career at Trupanion means you share our passion to help pets and want to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. Trupanion is a founding member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA), demonstrating a commitment to high standards and transparency in all actions and products.