Veterinary Sales Associate - Chicago, IL
Veterinary Territory Sales Associate
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum 3 years’ experience in veterinary hospital environment to assist in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary practices in the Chicago Market.
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a unique ground breaking opportunity within our industry.
This is a part time position. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 20-25 hour per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. This position does have potential to evolve into a FT role in the future.
Compensation: Hourly + opportunity to bonus
Forward your resume if you fit the description above.
This position will require the following skills:
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of the 3 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Must live in the Greater Chicago area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2-3 days / week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, including an attitude of persistence and patience
- Must possess great communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Training in Seattle - all expenses paid
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.