Manager - Digital Ad/Media Operations
Are you obsessed with making digital work that works harder?
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
As a Manager of Ad/Media Operations, you will operate alongside the Digital teams at Trilia; guiding workflow to ensure that best practices are adhered to, and any issues are resolved quickly -minimizing client risk.
You will develop the best practices for all teams to use as guiding principles, ensuring that there is a checklist for all campaigns being set up, and a QA touch point to guarantee activation will be launched flawlessly. Every day, you will work side-by-side the digital teams, tracking what works and what needs to be optimized to ensure that there are no blockers for the teams to deliver successfully.
Knowledge (Experience & Skills)
- 3-5+ years of executing or supporting digital campaigns in an Ad Operations role, Digital Channel (media and creative best practices) and Platform knowledge
- Develop strong relationships with ad-technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client specific initiatives
- Expert in tagging technologies, such as Google Tag Manager or Tealium, and fully understand their end to end implementation and QA process
- Expert in DCM/DBM - able to QA/troubleshoot trafficking setup
- Familiar with DMP implementation- able to help troubleshoot and onboard
- Familiar with leading DSP’s, Marketing Technologies, and Integrations with 3rd Party Partners
- Ideally has a retail background and able to help manage and integrate product feeds
- Fluent in MS Excel usage
- A natural curiosity, eager to learn new technologies and try new things
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage internal and client relationships, as well as managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex client projects, including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team. You will hold yourself and your teammates accountable for flawless delivery of digital campaigns, in partnership with your extended team.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and accountable.
- You should be able to communicate effectively with everyone from clients to vendors to internal teams, building engaging presentations for client review
- Solutions oriented, focused on solving the problem with innovative and responsive recommendations.
- Advanced understanding and operation of the various platform technologies utilized by Trilia
- Have deep understanding of third party ad-servers, rich media vendors, channel specs, and other tracking technologies that can be incorporated into buys
Relationships (People you will collaborate with)
- Create strong relationships with internal teams in order to provide collaborative and forward thinking operational solutions for clients.
- Serve as an expert on Digital Operations, especially when it comes to integrating partner technologies including ad serving and ad management within platforms
- Communicate and educate key stakeholders (both internally and with clients), advocate for actions which will result in positive outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to understanding client’s business and the industry by identifying opportunities for clients to take advantage of (i.e. beta and technology innovation opportunities via MAGNA)
- Liaise with Account, Media Planning, Finance, Technology/UX, Digital Strategy, Digital Production as needed.
- Accountable for partner communication and deliverables including issue resolution and product roadmaps
- Exhibits leadership for the Operations and Digital teams at Trilia
Execution (the tangible deliverables or tasks you will produce or complete)
- Define industry best practice for Media Operations, in partnership with Director, Ad/Media Operations, Platform Leads and Analytics.
- Lead the onboarding of any new client to Trilia media, ensuring that financial and operational setup is completed on time and without impact to launch timeline
- Lead the onboarding to Marketing Technology Platforms i.e. DMP’s and CRM solutions in partnership with Analytics and Platform teams, including implementation and project management.
- Conduct quarterly Platform audits to ensure campaigns are setup consistently, and to best practice
- Own QA of assets and understand strategy behind the inputs, flagging issues with delivery (internally) and with Jivox (creative partner)
- Own dynamic creative process (understand the needs of creative and media), own the documentation across clients, troubleshooting etc. Partner closely with the digital teams to execute against the strategy successfully.
- Drive the creation of tools to improve manual pieces of the Media process, including trafficking, ongoing optimization, and externally facing documentation.
- Creates and maintains digital processes, recommends updates, and efficiencies. Educates teams, schedules check-ins for ongoing maintenance and helps ensure adoption.
- Create training programs for all Platforms, ensure teams are up to date on the latest offering and training opportunities
- Manages the creation of external facing POV’s and client communication on Operational items (i.e. timelines, partners, industry announcements).
- Manages the media tagging process, from trafficking to onsite measurement, in partnership with Analytics and Platform
- Manage relationship with 3rd party ad-server and outsourced trafficking vendor, ensuring full utilization across all partners