Senior Director Product Marketing and Strategic Customers
Working for the President/COO this experienced Technical Marketing Leader will drive the company’s approach to understanding market needs, providing analysis, assist in the development of strategy, oversee the Application Engineering Team and direct the company’s Marketing Communication efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the team to propose roadmap & custom products & solutions based on marketing requirements and customer specifications to enable new design win opportunities.
- Create a structured program to train customers on new products & technologies.
- Research high-efficiency switching power conversion applications for Transphorm’s end markets.
- Help the FAE team to develop converter topologies for high efficiency and compact applications in ac to dc power supplies and dc to ac PV inverters and motor drives.
- Collaborate with the internal FAE team or partner IC company technical team to expand their competencies to diagnose complex application problems & propose solutions with Transphorm GaN devices.
- Engage with customers to characterize needed systems & propose the best solutions.
- Support Applications solutions team to provide urgent rework & debug needs to meet customer’s requirements.
- Develop a well-documented library of issues and solutions.
- Oversee the technical product/solution marketing materials.
- Oversee the Applications development team.
- Present Transphorm solutions at conferences.
- Travel to customer locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Experience in marketing, business development and sales.
- Understanding of discrete power device sales channels around the world.
- Knowledge of switching-mode power conversion topologies and tradeoffs.
- Skilled in managing technical teams responsible for circuit design, power layout for high-speed analog and switching circuits to enable Transphorm’s SIP strategy.
- Knowledge in industry trends in power electronics development. Familiar with modern power semiconductor devices.
- Ability to work with inside and outside stake holders.
- Ability to communicate with customers to direct our FAEs to resolve issues with the topology, layout, operation and performance of related power circuits
- Knowledge normally associated with EE (MSc.EE preferred)
- Industry experience of 10 years
Location: significant time in Santa Barbara with applications and engineering teams