Design Room Assistant
Supports the development of trend groups and assists in implementing and creating technical packages. The position reports to Director, Design
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Completes silhouette sketching (tops, sweaters, bottoms, jackets, dresses, intimates) and detailed technical sketches.
- Coordinates layout artwork pages.
- Creates, organizes and updates reference libraries (fabrics, tech packs, development samples).
- Assists Designers and Design Director in daily design processes.
- Organize visual boards
- Create line sheets
- Design Room maintenance (organize samples, presentation room, etc.)
- 1 year of design experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Possesses strong organizational time management skills.
- Excellent sense of urgency and consistency.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on-site café and coffee shop, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.