Supports Merchant and Merchandise Manager in recognizing current trends and developing corresponding initiatives to fulfill these demands and meet business objectives. Works closely with the Merchant and Merchandise Manager and key business partners to develop and maintain close relationships with vendors and stores.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Achieves sales and margin objectives for seasonal buying plans.
- Assists Merchant in performs market analyses; participates in defining and outlining organizational strengths and weaknesses, determining external opportunities and threats.
- Supports Merchant in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data.
- Helps develop product for Apparel including sourcing and monitoring delivery of product and quality control.
- Maintains assortment plans and continuously assesses market to identify and react to trends.
- Corresponds with vendors; provides excellent service and attention.
- Facilitates strong working relationship between corresponding merchandising teams and the field organization.
- Maintains close relationships with Stores, Vendors, Distribution Center, Planning and Allocation, Marketing and Internet teams.
- Regularly attends fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding fashion.
- Organizes and manages web samples for timely turn ins.
- Ensure product is online on time and represented correctly online.
- Daily website review of new activations to guarantee accuracy of product information.
- Read customer review comments and provide feedback to merchant teams.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Merchant
- Knowledge on the contemporary junior market.
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Offices.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our Receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, coffee shop and café, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.