Full-Time Assistant Manager
At Torrid, we celebrate every shape, every size, and every curve of our customer. Our Torrid stores offer an exciting, one of a kind, and amazing experience for not just our customers, but our employees.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you'll assist in creating a team environment which fosters inclusivity and positive connections. In this role, you'll support the Store Manager by directing and leading the team to achieve store objectives which include sales and profit goals, recruiting, performance management, training, and development.
What You'll Do:
- In partnership with Store Manager ensure store is achieving company objectives and KPI goals
- Provide leadership around running an operationally sound business by balancing company policies, procedures, shrink/loss prevention, payroll, reporting, and scheduling
- Help recruit, develop and train top talent who are sales, customer, and fashion-focused
- Set the example for The Torrid Connection and ensure the team is providing a shopping experience that will encourage positive customer connections and loyalty
- Support Store Manager in implementing merchandise strategies while also providing a clean, consistent, and inviting store environment that inspires customers to shop
- Maintain an effective and open line of communication with Store Manager and District Manager
What You'll Need:
- At least six months of specialty/apparel retail management experience with proven ability to lead teams to success and proven sales performance
- High School graduate or GED equivalent. College degree is a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while also being committed to creating an amazing customer experience
- Retail and fashion are always changing, so flexibility and ability to adapt to any situation, the environment, challenges, job duties, and work schedules are pillars to your success
- Be fashioned focused and stay on top of current trends
- Be at least 18 years of age
What You'll Get:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, life insurance, short-term disability, vacation and sick time available, paid company holidays and jury duty
- Additional perks include: monthly bonus potential, associate discount 40%, tuition reimbursement, childcare discount program
The job posting is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.