Develops and recommends global sourcing strategy for the intimates category, and works with sourcing partners to provide timely and effective production of product with an accompanying goal to contribute to the increase of profit margin for Torrid.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyze business needs, develops and implements global sourcing strategies for the Intimates category.
- Collaborates with key partners in design/development to allocate production which leverages the best at capabilities of our supply base.
- Negotiates costs and deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure best profit margin for the products are achieved.
- Assesses existing and new vendor, factory and supplier capabilities against the assortment plan for volume, quota, costs, compliance, and lead-times; makes recommendation for a sourcing matrix.
- Achieve target IMU goal by negotiating detailed cost and closely partnering with Buying team.
- Manages production process from point of conception to finished product.
- Communicates effectively with Merchant and Product Development team; updates the teams regularly on deliveries; alerts the team of any unexpected issues and negotiates resolutions with vendors.
- Liaisons for cross-functional partnerships and relationships with Buying, Import, Vendor Relations, and Traffic teams.
- 6-8 year of progressive experience in working with oversea vendors and product production management
- 3 years Bra category experience.
- Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of sourcing, manufacturing and costing
- Knowledge of technical design, fabric, yarns, knit, woven construction, and print techniques.
- Knowledge of global sourcing trends and strategies.
- Knowledge of time and action and production calendars.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, on-site café and coffee shop, masseuse, gym, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.