Real-Time Technical Artist
The Third Floor London is looking for a Realtime Technical Artist for Game-Engine projects. The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal Engine (and preferably another game engine e.g. Unity) experience. They will work with our Technical and Visualization teams to support development for utilising game engine technology within Film, Television and VR.Responsibilities:
- Support the Visualization teams with exporting Art Content (Environments, Props, Animations) from Maya into Unreal Engine
- Work in collaboration with our Asset Builders to produce Real-Time ready models
- Lighting and Shading levels in Unreal Engine
- Provide the art team with guidelines for art content creation for Unreal Engine
- Assist both the art and development teams with tool and feature creation
- Work with the art team to ensure in-engine levels are Real-time ready
- Drive the planning and implementation of editor tools and features (desirable)
- Create and debug shader and materials graphs throughout production (desirable)
- Document, prototype, and improve the art pipeline (desirable)
- Supply rigged characters and character export tools to the art department (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of the Unreal Engine asset and animation pipelines
- Experience with the Unreal Engine Sequencer
- Experience creating functional and optimised levels in Unreal Engine
- Experience with Lighting and Post-processing in Unreal Engine
- Understanding of the PBR workflow and best practices.
- Excellent Python skills, particularly for Maya
- Experience with character rigging and retargeting for Unreal Engine
- Experience working with Maya or other DCC software
- Experience with VR, AR development is a big plus
- Experience with performance profiling in Unreal Engine
- Experience writing tools and UI panels (Slate) for Unreal Engine
- Experience with VFX in Unreal Engine an advantage (Cascade and basic Niagara)
- Proven games industry experience, with a Technical Artist credit on at least one published AAA title
- Experience with the Substance suite and Substance Automation Tools
- Some exposure to shader coding in HLSL / GLSL desirable
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Weekly Happy Hour - At the end of each week we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.