THE THIRD FLOOR visualizes stories at every stage of their creation - from storyboards to post-production, we collaborate across the globe to explore narrative; design shots; and create technical solutions to help build award-winning visuals and immersive interactive experiences.
Our interactive team is building the next generation of VR and MR experiences. As a Unity Engineer, you will work with the team to contribute across all aspects of development. Strong candidates will have a deep understanding of interactive design and engineering, implementing game systems and other real-time components. Being agile and able to quickly switch between multiple tasks is an essential requirement in the fast-developing interactive VR and MR spaces.
- Build amazing VR / MR games and experiences.
- Work closely with technical and creative disciplines to define and rapidly prototype interactive products.
- Write clean, efficient, and well documented code for use across multiple projects.
- Improve existing systems and pipelines to aid in the creation of new experiences.
- Investigate and create new tools and technologies to improve efficiency and power our next generation of content.
- Expert knowledge of Unity Engine
- Expert knowledge of C# programming.
- Fluent in ShaderLab, HLSL and GLSL
- 2+ years’ experience working within game or interactive development teams.
- Strong engineering skills applicable to VR / MR and gaming applications, including a combination of interaction techniques, 3D graphics and animation.
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of object-oriented software design and coding techniques, including the use of SOLID principles in production.
- Experience in 3D math, optimization, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of version control tools such as Git/Perforce.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques (Agile / Scrum, Jira / Trello, Hansoft, etc.).
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A desire to learn new innovative technologies to improve personal development and skills.
- Additional experience with other engines such as Unreal Engine also highly beneficial.
- Projection mapping experience.
- Experience targeting and optimizing across multiple VR / AR systems such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, Gear VR and Google Daydream, etc.
- Ability to extend game engine editor environment with customized enhancements.
- Bonus points for back-end scripting, asset pipelines, and tools automation.
- Agility – Flexible, capable of jumping in and running with multiple task simultaneously.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Must be willing to listen and learn, can research complex problems and bring solutions.
- Be courageous, persevere, experiment, try and re-try.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, techniques, and stays up-to-date.
- Enthusiastic and willing to make their mark.