Associate Producer, Immersive
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Recent films projects Marvel’s Avengers Endgame, The Star Wars Franchise & Game of Thrones.
We are looking to hire a full-time Immersive Department Manager to join our management team in the LA office. The Associate Producer, Immersive is at the center of TTF, the world’s largest visualization studio. They will play a key role in the leadership and management of all Los Angeles based immersive shows. The Head of Immersive Production will build collaborative relationships with our clients while achieving the highest levels of client satisfaction.
You will be a part of a dynamic team working on conceptualizing, architecting and developing mixed reality applications in the fields of Location Based Entertainment. You will be working closely with our Engineers, Creative Directors and Production team to brainstorm and conceptualize ideas on cutting edge entertainment technologies and how to take MR experience to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver and self-learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and with tight project deadlines.
The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can think fast and trust their instincts.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Propose, track and manage project budgets, cost to date and expenses
- You will be our brand ambassador as our primary client Liaison
- Manage the process of prototyping and building next-generation MR products.
- Create new scenarios for different MR Experiences in Game Engine
- Translate requirements into clear business proposals in collaboration with the Business Development team
- Project and track personnel needs
- Develop and maintain departmental best practices, and iron out occurring problems.
- Contribute to the design features of the experience: modelling, shading, lighting, and animation.
- Work closely with MR team to define, iterate and implement new features and improving the existing ones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3+ years working experience in full life-cycle game development in Game Engine
- Expert in one or more programming specialties (AI, 3D Rendering, 3D Animation, Physics, Multiplayer/Networking,)
- Must be highly-organized, a fast learner and have the ability to resolve problems quickly.
- Preferred Experience and Expertise:
- Working experience with VR/AR headsets.
- AAA developing experience preferred, but not required.
- Well-rounded client portfolio or network
- Strong delegation and people management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for film and/or games
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery) with a smile
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! As someone pursuing a career in Production, you should understand how important it is to be a thoughtful and effective communicator. Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.