Previs - Shot Creator/Animator (Speculative)
The Third Floor is seeking ambitious artists who are looking for a golden opportunity to make their mark on the entertainment industry. By using the language of cinematography and animation in tandem to design the strongest possible sequences, a previs artist holds an impactful and highly collaborative role in the filmmaking process. The artistic sketch of the film to come, quickly produced through previs, supports effective creation, communication and realization of the project from development through to production and post.
A previs shot creator pieces together elements, sets them in motion, and “films” them with virtual cameras to create cinematic sequences that represent the creative blueprint. Nearly any aspect of a shot can be tweaked instantaneously to improve the composition or the timing of the action. Working with the previs supervisor, previs shot creators produce previs shots and sequences that help to support the director's vision via appropriate use of camera movement, lenses, composition, staging, lighting, and editing.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses a strong sense of composition, color, animation timing, and storytelling
- Animates a wide variety of subject matter from vehicles to small objects, to realistic character performances, all with a strong sense of camera animation
- Uses lights efficiently
- Has good knowledge of cinematic language, camera terminology and the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism
- Has the ability to clean up & accentuate mocap animation
- Is team oriented and able to successfully take direction from a supervisor
- Is adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Monthly Happy Hour - At the end of each month we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.