Matchmove / Tracking Artist
We are looking for a 3D Tracking / Matchmove artist that has experience with workflows covering a variety of different digital cameras and lens packages, both spherical and anamorphic. The candidate should have experience in handling difficult camera photography as well as experience with survey tracking with LIDAR.
- Use relevant 3D software to work out the co-ordinates and movement of the physical camera and / or objects in a live action shot.
- Be able to develop solutions for the tracking of 3D cameras and solve problems that may arise.
- Understand Anamorphic Lenses for the creation of undistorting/re-distorting of plates.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high-quality standards of the company.
- Support and advise other artists with their tracking tasks.
- Substantial production experience working in a photo-real/live-action VFX pipeline; commercial, TV, or feature film experience, preferred.
- A thorough understanding of 3D camera principles such as lenses, distortion, parallax etc.
- Must be able to track cameras and objects quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and take direction under tight production schedules while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Experience with Maya, PF Track and Nuke.
- Experience with After Effects a plus.
- High level of professionalism, as postvis artists are sometimes on-site with clients in production
- Ability to be a self-starter and resourceful
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Weekly Happy Hour - At the end of each week we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.