THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Recent films projects Marvel’s Avengers Endgame, The Star Wars Franchise & Game of Thrones
The Line Producer is the individual who has the primary responsibility for the logistics of the production, from pre-production/staging through completion of production/show wrap. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management, strong industry relationships, show budget management, excellent communication, interpersonal and client skills, technical understanding of VFX workflow and most importantly, an impeccable reputation. The focus is to maximize and grow gross margin, reduce and manage costs, and preserve client relationships and company culture.
- Road mapping projects, in conjunction with casting, building and maintaining the optimum team while understanding thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
- Partnering with Creative, Bidding and Finance Departments during development, staging and production. Analyzing client needs, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production and post mortem planning.
- Developing strong relationships with our Directors, Producers, and becoming a trusted resource for all thing’s visualization
- Project based - manage a slate of shows, client’s communication, artists, budgets and schedules to ensure they are completed to the highest standard, on-time and on-budget.
- Manage creative teams tracking progress and understanding cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Liaise with HR and develop, support and train Coord, Pa’s assigned to your team
- Evaluating ongoing Production flow to gauge important goals are being met, while urgent matters are escalated to the appropriate parties
- Internal networking with new businesses and casting with an eye toward resource planning
- Ensure regular checks in with show-based clients, supervisors, production team and artists, managing expectations of each.
- Support Business Development and the Head of Production in any pitching or bidding of new work.
- Provide accurate progress reports both internally and externally & attend internal management meetings as required.
- Previous industry experience at VFX Line Producer or Production Manager level
- Demonstrated ability to train, inspire and mentor direct reports
- Strong scheduling abilities
- Project budget management experience
- Previous client account management experience and existing industry contacts
- Expert knowledge of Office packages (incl. Excel, Word & Project) Shotgun and Filemaker Pro
- In depth understanding of production workflows and practices
- Highly organized with excellent time/project management skills
- Strong delegation and people management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to project confidence in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! As someone pursuing a career in Production, you should understand how important it is to be a thoughtful and effective communicator. Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.