THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio feel. Recent examples of our work include projects for Marvel, Disney, Lucas Film, Legendary Entertainment, Universal, 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Sony, HBO, EA and many more.
We’re seeking animators that are interested in working on exciting new film and television projects. Our animators typically work closely with the film makers, including the Director, Visual Effects Supervisor, Editor and Production Designer. You’ll be part of a small team that will help animate and develop exciting sequences throughout the film.
Project based work on location in Los Angeles (no remote work)
- Working with a Visualization Supervisor to animate and produce previs shots.
- Animate realistic story driven character actions that are exciting, emotional and compelling.
- Animate creatures, props, vehicles and cameras.
- Animate actions based on storyboards, script pages or descriptions.
- Create scene layouts using a library of assets
- Compose and animate cameras in a cinematic style
- Understanding of realistic animation principles and physics
- Understand and execute the 12 principles of animation (keyed)
- Able to work with and modify mocap animation
- Comfortable taking a shot through the entire process; staging, layout, animation and lighting.
- Comfortable coming up with and pitching ideas to the Supervisor
- Adapts quickly to changes and revisions
- Able to balance animation quality level around the scheduled time frame.
- Works well in small team environments.
- Able to adapt quickly to new tools and workflows.
- Good organizational skills and maintains clean scene files.
- Good communication and note taking skills
- Autodesk Maya
- Bonus: Adobe After Effects
*Training will be available for areas of the process that you’re less versed in.
- To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- Demo reel must show keyed animation.
- Animators are part of TTF’s very agile creative teams, sometimes working at various production locations for our major studio clients. Willingness to travel is a plus. This is a great chance to work on-site with some of the biggest names in the industry!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.