Previs - Modeler (Speculative)
Previs Asset Builder Job Description
The Third Floor is seeking a special breed of 3D modellers. Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real-time workflow in Maya. An asset builder must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce environments, props, and characters that best represent the director's vision. The ideal asset builder candidate will have a strong sense of design and feel comfortable filling in the gaps of information to ensure each asset looks its best. Strong Knowledge of low-polygon modelling is a must, and good knowledge of real-time OpenGL techniques for lighting and FX is a plus.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be team oriented and able to successfully take direction from a supervisor
- Be adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew
- Have a strong sense of design, and a knack for using real-time elements to evoke cinematic lighting and depth
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Mudbox (a plus)
- ZBrush (a plus)
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Monthly Happy Hour - At the end of each month we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.