The Third Floor London is seeking an Assistant Editor to work closely with our Head of Editorial and production to assist the editorial dept in London. The role undertakes editorial support duties across multiple film projects. The Editorial Assistant will need to be able to have experience in digital editing using Avid. We are looking for an Assistant Editor who has a strong interest in animated film making techniques and storytelling.
- Assist the Head of Editorial/In house editors with general Project management
- Help maintain Avid Nexis storage and the Editorial Sound FX and Music libraries
- Be responsible for preparing material for Archive once a show is complete
- Work with our LA office to maintain and update the company archive using 'Axle ai' media management software
- Help maintain and update Previs Supervisor showreels
- Preparing for internal and client reviews
- Maintaining the Shotgun database with editorial information
- Excellent understanding and experience with Avid Media Composer
- Previous experience in an Editorial department
- Client savvy and can consistently demonstrate “forward facing” communication skills and practices as needed by the production
- Knowledge of and interest in animation and visual effects
- An interest in film making techniques and storytelling
- Adobe Premiere
- Final Cut Pro
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Strong time management & organisation skills
- Able to think creatively and resolve editorial changes
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to take direction and work in a collaborative environment
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Monthly Happy Hour - At the end of each month we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.