Matchmove / Tracking Artist
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio feel. Recent examples of our work include projects for Marvel, Disney, Lucas Film, Legendary Entertainment, Universal, 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, Sony, HBO, EA and many more.
We are looking for 3D Tracking / Matchmove artist, available to start as soon as possible, that has experience with workflows covering a variety of different digital cameras and lens packages, both spherical and anamorphic. The candidate should have experience in handling difficult camera photography as well as experience with survey tracking with LIDAR.
MUST KNOW PF TRACK
- Use relevant 3D software to work out the co-ordinates and movement of the physical camera and / or objects in a live action shot.
- Be able to develop solutions for the tracking of 3D cameras and solve problems that may arise.
- Understand Anamorphic Lenses for the creation of undistorting/re-distorting of plates.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high-quality standards of the company.
- Support and advise other artists with their tracking tasks.
- At least 3 year’s production experience working in a photo-real/live-action VFX pipeline; commercial, TV, or feature film experience, preferred.
- A thorough understanding of 3D camera principles such as lenses, distortion, parallax etc.
- Must be able to track cameras and objects quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and take direction under tight production schedules while maintaining a high quality of work.\
- Highly experienced with PF Track
- Experience with Maya and After Effects.
- Experience with Nuke a plus.
- High level of professionalism, as postvis artists are sometimes on-site with clients in production
- Ability to be a self-starter and resourceful
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.