THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio feel. Recent examples of our work include Aquaman, BumbleBee, Mary Poppins Returns, Venom, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
TTF is seeking a skilled Rigger to help our Immersive department power through an incredible project we're currently working on. Candidate must be able to work in both Maya and Unity to help bridge the gap between the two programs and make sure all rigs transfer seamlessly into game engine. This is a project hire to start as soon as possible.
- 3-5 years industry experience rigging in Maya
- Strong understanding of scripting languages such as Python, C# and/or MEL
- Experience in Game Engine Required
- Strong understanding of anatomy and kinematics
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines in general
- Strong technical background with detail-focused problem solving
- Interest in developing rigging system
- Keen eye for good model topology
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/ect.
- Autodesk Maya
- Experience in Unity or Unreal (required)
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with the team
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- Passionate about working in game engines
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Excellent time management skills
- Riggers are part of TTF’s very agile creative teams, sometimes working at various production locations for our major studio clients. Willingness to travel is a plus. This is a great chance to work on-site with some of the biggest names in the industry!
- Please include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- The rigging work shown should include characters and props
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.