Previs Coordinator (Speculative)
The Previs Coordinator is central to previs project management. They liaise with all aspects of production as well as help strategize and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
Please note: The position holder will be required to work off-site at our filming locations.
You will be required to travel to at least two of the studios. Our London base is Chancery Lane and the filming studios are Leavesden, Longcross, Pinewood and Shepperton.
- Work with producer, leads and supervisors to track and manage the artists, meeting internal and external deadlines
- Organize dailies, Cinesync and Skype sessions, rounds and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary
- Ensure production database is updated daily with notes and critical information before departing for the day
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments in person, not just via email
- Keep communication flowing through all members of the team
- Anticipate and communicate issues to producer and supervisor to resolve problems quickly
- Take detailed, comprehensive notes and review with lead after dailies /rounds
- Maintain accurate summary of progress from previous day’s work by artists
- Oversee execution of client deliveries
- Helping to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office, being pro-active and solution-oriented for all members of the team
- Other ad hoc duties as may be reasonably expected of the post-holder
- The role will require being off-site for periods of time
- Previous experience at Production Coordinator or Production Assistant level
- Highly organized, first-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- In depth understanding of the production workflow
- In depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Excellent client communication skills
- Existing knowledge of production databases, including Shotgun
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (incl Excel, Word and Project)
- Good knowledge of Maya and Photoshop a plus
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge
- Lateral thinking skills
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
- Monthly Superhero Nomination - Each month we ask you to nominate a member of staff as your Superhero of the Month. The team member with the most nominations is then awarded a voucher of their choice.
- Monthly Happy Hour - At the end of each month we celebrate team birthdays. We offer a wide selection of drinks, snacks and sweets.
- Monthly Offsite Team Lunches - Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.