Junior Pipeline TD
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio feel. Recent examples of our work include Aquaman, BumbleBee, Mary Poppins Returns, Venom, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
The Third Floor is looking for a Junior Pipeline TD. The role will involve supporting and creating tools for visualization work on feature film, television, commercial, and immersive entertainment projects. There is a lot of potential to learn programming, VFX, virtual production, and technical skills.
- Frontline artist support
- Testing and Documenting new tools
- Tracking and Communicating task progress
- Testing code release candidates
- Account creation and housekeeping tasks
- Adhere to all documented department procedures
- Help run motion capture sessions
- Working knowledge of Maya
- Some programming or scripting experience
- Knowledgeable in debugging, testing, and problem solving
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Some understanding of the film-making process
- General knowledge of image formats and processing
- Able to complete tasks without direct management
- Flexible and able to work in a frequently changing environment
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multi-task
- General understanding of networking and performance issues
- Understanding of data flow and management
Desired Additional Skills:
- Computer Science Degree
- Python and Mel programming
- After Effects
- Shotgun and Digital Asset Management
- Experience with version control (git and/or SVN)
- Technical writing ability
- FX and Shader development
How to Apply
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.