QA Tester - Internship/Project Hire
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Recent films projects include Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War, Venom, Star Wars The Last Jedi & Mission Impossible 5.
The Third Floor is looking for a QA Tester intern to join our Immersive team and support development utilizing game engine technology within Film, Gaming, Theme-Park and VR industries. This is an entry level role for a current student or a recent grad! Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and has the potential to grow into other positions/fields.
The ideal candidate is a passionate driven techie and entertainment enthusiast who dreams of experiencing “it” first! We can’t tell you what “it” is yet – you have to join the exceptional team of top talent find out.
We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to the Immersive team to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Type: Project Hire, Hourly – 3 months, 30 - 40 hours per week
- Find and log defects, weak spots, and bugs with clear and concise description.
- Write test plans and test cases against requirements and prototypes.
- Review product documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, completeness, and compliance.
- Ensure the quality of software.
- Interface with Development/ Production team on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- Support the launch of new products and software versions.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability and performance.
- Maintain tracking docs and keep formatted for potential client facing purposes.
- Experience working in Unity.
- Experience working in Maya.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- The ability to respond quickly to sights and sounds without developing motion sickness.
- The ability to use a Virtual Reality headset and hand controllers.
- Experience working in a Windows environment.
- Experience working with Excel Spreadsheets.
- Deep passion or knowledge of Immersive Technologies and Film/ Entertainment industries.
- Previous experience - and/or strong desire to be working with VR and AR platforms.
- 2+ years of professional QA experience in the video game industry.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively “outside-the-box”.
- Experience with Unreal engines is a plus.
- Adobe Suite Experience is a plus.
- Experience with Virtual/ Augmented Reality environments is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.