Cyber Systems Engineer
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.Job Description: We have an immediate opening for a Cyber Systems Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. HHB Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions in a collaborative development environment.
- Holds an active Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management. functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem , elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable specifications
- May provide test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- Contributes to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints Leads Modeling and Simulation activities
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Researches, designs, and develops systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development. applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Plans and executes significant project tasks for activities described above Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Travel may be required
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity Keeps abreast of technology trends
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles , and theories Strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Strong ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.