HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
- NOTE: Multiple positions - entry level to senior level positions available
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining and executing test plans in multiple baselines with significant COTS, GOTS, FOSS and custom programs' software, hosted across Windows and Linux architectures, deployed to workstations, servers and the Web using Agile principles. The Test Engineer is also responsible for developing automated testing using tools such as Selenium.
Requires collaboration with other Agile team members and providing input for product backlog, sprint planning, development, demo, and retrospect governing Agile principles.
- Writes and updates test plans, procedures, project schedule, and test reports
- Executes test cases (especially integration and regression), documents findings and raises problems with software maintainers; helps identify work-arounds
- Plans test support around system transitions, migrations and infrastructure updates
- Proven experience working with multiple baselines and datasets, multiple classifications and system architectures
- Excellent attention to detail; works well under pressure to meet team deadlines
- Captures and configuration controls test artifacts from each test cycle
- May support Enterprise test/data events, steering groups, readiness reviews, demos or TEMs, or write/update discrepancy reports, problem, incident or PTR tickets
- Identifies risks, issues and concerns and offers mitigation plans
- Fluent with MS Office and Windows desktop, RHEL and Solaris architectures helpful
- Working in multiple test environments and virtual machines, SCCM thick and APP-V virtual deployments is helpful
- Experience in simple process automation, especially PowerShell and Unix shell scripts is helpful
- Experience in test automation (e.g., Selenium or similar) is helpful
- Identifies opportunities for technology insertion or test automation
- Identifies gaps in documentation, functional test coverage and knowledge; recommends corrective actions, especially scheduling knowledge transfer TEMs with SMEs
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- May be responsible for coaching and peer reviewing the work of other testers
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
- Works to influence team members with ongoing process improvements, regarding solution design, process and/or approaches. Conducts continuous lessons learned with stakeholders.
- Maintains required training, system accounts and privileges needed for ongoing test support
The successful candidate will be self-driven and ready to independently assess legacy test plans and procedures, work with SMEs to revise test documentation (especially to resolve gaps in test coverage), work with the configuration management team to control test documentation, test data, test reports and artifacts. The successful candidate will manage a project schedule for test milestones across projects, work with software maintainers to raise-up issues and help identify work-arounds, and proactively cross-train in multiple test domains.
Skills & Tasks: Moderately complex - executes documented test cases and works with SMEs to extend test data and missing test cases. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes for test failures and work with other maintainers to resolve issues. Assists peer testers with their activities, following standard operating procedures consistently.
The Test Engineer:
- Test automation experience using UFT/Selenium/protractor/spec-flow
- Agile environment experience
- Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 10 years experience, Bachelors -- 4 years experience, Masters -- 2 years experience, PhD -- 0 years experience
- Additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Active TS/SCI
- Programming experience in .Net/Java
- Security+ Certification
- DHS Suitability
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work requires physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment and significant walking. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.