Asset & Configuration Management Support Specialist
The position will assist in delivering Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) as an operational program in IT Operations. The resource will be involved in various activities within SACM – Hardware Audits, physical asset verification, asset custodianship, process documentation, configuration analyst, software, hardware and license asset management and process integration activities.
- Ensure mapping configurations are correct and accurate
- Function as an asset custodian – maintain records related to accountable assets
- Participate in audits and physical asset verification within home site and throughout the WMA.
- Maintain process documentation as Configuration Management processes improve/change
- Aid in program-wide configuration management strategy and execution plan.
- Aid in Planning and executing Enterprise Life-cycle Management.
- Assist in developing and maintaining program configuration management plan detailing processes and procedures for managing the program’s diverse configuration items including complex hardware, software, and documentation.
- Establish baseline network document control program/filing/retrieval system and document configuration management processes and procedures.
- Provide artifacts as needed to support Certification and Accreditation for systems and services.
- Instruct and train other team members and management staff regarding document control and configuration management use and processes.
- Aid in maintaining configuration control of the established network.
- Provide recommendations and best-practices to improve existing CM processes and procedures.
- Ensure configuration management program conforms to all required U.S. Government and Department of Defense rules and requirements.
- Asset Documentation experience
- Entering information in databases
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and professionally
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Experience gathering customer requirements
- Process Documentation experience
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelor's Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
- Must hold a TS/SCI and be able to maintain the clearance
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation