Office Management / Staff Officer Support
About HHB Systems:
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
HHB Systems is seeking professionals to provide support services that enable effective operations across the key components and offices across the National Geospatial-intelligence Agency. This program is designed to provide access to a large quantity of qualified cleared personnel with skills in management and technical services support, which will allow NGA to more efficiently fulfill its mission of providing timely, relevant, accurate and actionable geospatial intelligence in support of national security. We have multiple openings and seek a broad range of experience. Compensation and responsibilities will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
Overall Assignment Description:
- Provide services as a focal point for foreign language and related testing.
- Administer and proctor testing.
- Ensure proper safeguarding of data, assistance in the accountability and maintenance of the NGA Language Lab and testing room equipment
- Update PeopleSoft records on all individuals who take the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), or DoD approved foreign language tests.
- Administer the DLPT for eligible employees, to include federal civilian employees, military personnel, and contractors, if applicable.
- Schedule the OPI with the Defense Language Institute, when applicable
- Complete personnel action requests (PARs) for individuals who qualify for foreign language proficiency pay.
- Work with the other members of HDNF and coordinate and collaborate with NGA Directorates and Offices to ensure the NGA foreign language-testing program meets their requirements.
- Support HDNF administration of processes for:
- Submission of PAR after receipt of test results, where applicable
- Updating PeopleSoft records
- Maintaining schedules to complete office suspense
- Documenting reasons for delay and updating schedules
- Marketing endeavors, to include: regular updating of training announcements to webpage, in-person attendance at NGA sponsored events (NST Conferences, New Employee Orientation, Deployer Conferences and other briefings/office related
- Back-up for NGA West for course facilitation to include escorting instructors, receiving and distributing materials.
- Responsible for regularly updating HDNF’s website and correlative training links.
- Roundtable Culture and Language Exchange Program (RCLEP) to include maintaining the Wiki’s and blogs and developing collaborative site for each group.
- HDNF’s point of contact for the New Employee Orientation Seminar (NEOS)—will collaborate with NEOS staff to ensure HDNF programs are presented to new employees
- Responsible for maintaining HDNF’s English enhancement webpage
- Support the HDNF efforts concerning the NGA Human Geography efforts.
- Work with members of NGA, DoD, and the IC on response to taskers, to include data calls metrics, corporate communications, business process improvement, strategic planning, and CONOPs
Skills and Experience:
- At least 6 months demonstrated experience using DTS.
- At least 12 demonstrated experience tracking and managing formal taskers.
- At least 6 months demonstrated experience using SharePoint
- At least level 1 proficiency in a foreign language in accordance with the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
- Familiarization with Human Language Technology tools such as Mango, SOFTS, Foreign Language Play-Away, GLOSS, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.