Business Continuity Planner
About HHB Systems:
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
HHB Systems is seeking professionals to provide support services that enable effective operations across the key components and offices across the National Geospatial-intelligence Agency. This program is designed to provide access to a large quantity of qualified cleared personnel with skills in management and technical services support, which will allow NGA to more efficiently fulfill its mission of providing timely, relevant, accurate and actionable geospatial intelligence in support of national security. We have multiple openings and seek a broad range of experience. Compensation and responsibilities will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
The Business Continuity Planner Candidate is responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing business continuity planning efforts within N2W PMO. The candidate will coordinate across other agency components as necessary to support initiatives, guidance, and requests for information/data, etc. (e.g., Enterprise Operations, Mission Assurance Office).
- Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity strategies and solutions, including risk assessments (through Integration & Readiness), business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity procedures for all Directorates to ensure successful operations during and after deployment.
- Plan, conduct, and debrief N2W PMO leadership on adequacy of existing plans and strategies as well as update procedures and plans regularly throughout the duration of the program.
- Ensure consistent coordination with the agency’s Mission Assurance program.
- Develop reconstitution plans for physical location moves for critical assets and missions across NCW.
- Identify business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiative risks and mitigation strategies.
- Create business continuity recovery budgets for N2W PMO leadership review and approval.
- Create and administer training and awareness presentations or materials for NCW departments.
- Recommend and implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Prepare summary reports results or accomplishments of specific objectives, goals, or plans.
- Participate in related training and informational briefings and respond to related agency taskers on Business Continuity Planning (BCP) issues as required.
- Maintain the BCP automated database and update as required.
- Coordinate across Directorates to identify BCP gaps.
- Assist, coordinate, test all movement plans to ensure mission business continuity prior to deployment.
- Assist with regular and special recall exercises.
- Participate in tabletop and full scales exercises (e.g., BCP, COOP, and IT Disaster Recovery (ITDR) activities) IAW agency guidelines and schedules.
- Develop an N2W pre-deployment specific exercise across all Directorates at NCW 2nd St location.
- Review facility and infrastructure requirements, designs, and implementation schedules.
- Develop, maintain, and implement N2W PMO business continuity strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Assist in the monitoring of efficacy BCP plans and strategies and debrief N2W PMO leadership regularly.
- Test and report existing recovery strategies and plans.
- Coordinate with Directorate of Operations, NGA Operations Center, and Mission Assurance to ensure all planning aligns to agency BCP structure.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions and information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Coordinate with N2W Integration and Readiness, Information Technology, Deployment and Security to identify critical gaps in deployment planning and develop an integrated risk mitigation strategy.
- Develop plans for reconstitution decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shutdown of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Draft testing activities summaries to include descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Create and administer training and awareness presentations or materials for N2W team.
- Maintain, update, and report required BCP metrics.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Must have 7 years demonstrated experience with business continuity planning to include developing plans, holding exercises and maintaining updated continuity records.
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) certification or equivalent.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.