Systems Administrator - Multiple Levels
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a strong team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
- NOTE: Multiple positions - entry level to senior level positions available
- Multiple CONUS locations available
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years prior relevant experience
- Additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Active TS/SCI
- Security+ Certification
- Basic knowledge or understanding of the following methodologies:
- Software package/binary deployment (XenApp; ThinApp; AppV; SCCM)
- Remedy experience
- Thin Client operating systems and virtual hosted desktop OS
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (ESX/vSphere4; XenDesktop)
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work requires physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment and significant walking. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.