HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
The Systems Administrator (SA) will troubleshoot Physical (Thick Client) and Thin Client Incidents or Changes for End-users and devices, Geospatial/corporate software issues as well as make corrective recommendations as necessary. Likewise the candidate should be able to quickly respond to application/hardware related issues; resolve on the spot problems (where possible); replicate the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis; and assist in the preparation of technical documentation that can accurately depict the problem and/or solution for feedback to the team. Responsibilities include:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of desktops and servers.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- The Systems Administrator responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and rectify desktop issues escalated from desktop administrators
- Support for maintenance and change requests of all user facing devices and systems
- Assist in the development of procedures and documentation for managing; deploying and implementing multiple baseline hardware/images and software packages
- Engage other service lanes for remediation of work issues and flow
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively responding to Remedy based trouble and incident tickets
- Manages user/devices using: Active Directory
- Interacts with users in to support software and hardware transitions to include software/hardware installs hardware/software troubleshooting
- Provide quality assurance validation checks on all approved CRQ's; work with the Change Manager to ensure 100% compliance
Required Education and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Junior-Mid related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Strong skills in Windows System Administration
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory and SCCM
- Knowledge of related hardware and software.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in SCCM (e.g., creating packages, task sequences, advertisements, App-V, etc.)
- Remedy experience
- Knowledge of intelligence productions systems used by GEOINT analysts. Software suites and functions include but not limited to RemoteView, SocetGXP, and ArcGIS.
- Professional certification: Security + CE
- Knowledge of PERL, BASIC or other scripting languages is desired
- Java and C++
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work requires physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment and significant walking. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.