Corporate Communications/Visualization Specialist
About HHB Systems:
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
HHB Systems is seeking professionals to provide support services that enable effective operations across the key components and offices across the National Geospatial-intelligence Agency. This program is designed to provide access to a large quantity of qualified cleared personnel with skills in management and technical services support, which will allow NGA to more efficiently fulfill its mission of providing timely, relevant, accurate and actionable geospatial intelligence in support of national security. We have multiple openings and seek a broad range of experience. Compensation and responsibilities will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
The Corporate Communications/Visualization Specialist Candidate is responsible for the overall design of collateral, communication materials for the N2W team.
- Acquire data from each team within the N2W PMO to develop compelling infographics and data visualization, within established deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, consider consumers’ point of view in accurately designing and conveying client’s intended message.
- Demonstrate artistic ability in creating engaging and interesting designs that appeal to target audience.
- Produce draft renderings of design ideas, either by hand sketching or computer program.
- Support PMO with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively design renderings of initial concepts and prototypes for customer feedback.
- Communicate with clients, customers, and other stakeholders to ensure that designs accurately reflect the desired intent and effectively express information.
- Demonstrate strong skills in utilizing specialized graphic design software.
- Demonstrate a proven record of developing and presenting compelling infographics and data visualization information.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of best practices in data visualization, infographics, and data reporting. A strong knowledge of current data visualization tools and graphics software is necessary.
- Produce both individual pieces as well as thematic stories across several research reports.
- Develop products including web graphics, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, flyers, signage and all relevant collateral, communication materials for the program IAW agency guidelines.
- Adhere to the Office of Corporate Communications branding and process guidelines.
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Coordinate with N2W PMO, Office of Corporate Communications, and other relevant NGA departments stakeholders on the development of a wide variety of products.
- Assess audiences, acquire data, and develop concise presentations on tight deadlines.
- Develop presentations in PowerPoint and provide updates throughout the duration of the program.
- Produce visually compelling graphics that engage the audience and minimize excessive text.
- Develop web graphics for use on internal and external N2W websites.
- Coordinate with the team web developer to develop and maintain a current and informational site for designated audiences.
- Utilize the PMO’s records management structure to ensure developed files and T&E documents are available to the team and maintained IAW established procedures.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic/Visual Desgin, Computer Graphics, or Visual Communication, Fine/Studio Art
- Must have 7 years demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting programmatic data and concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner.
- Must have 5 years demonstrated experience in data visualization, infographics and data reporting, and a strong knowledge of current data visualization tools and graphics software.
- Demonstrated skills in Power Point and graphics software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal and presentation) are required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.