Knowledge Management Specialist – Customer Outreach
About HHB Systems:
HHB Systems is a small veteran owned business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well a systems administration of major analytical DoD operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
Knowledge Management Specialist use both words and visual aids to explain difficult concepts, often to nontechnical audiences. Work products for Knowledge Management Specialist include instruction manuals, process documentation, and quick reference materials. Whether they support internal or external customers, knowledge management specialists’ ultimate goal is to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
While knowledge management specialists may write about a very wide variety of topics, their duties tend to fall into several functional categories: Study Products and Processes, Much of a knowledge management specialist’s job consists of learning the information they need to communicate. This can come in the form of observation, formal training sessions, or other research. KM specialist may use products or observe processes in action to gain a better understanding of them. Consult Subject Matter Experts, Knowledge Management Specialists frequently work with administrators, engineers, and others responsible for key processes to gain an understanding of their subject matter. The information elicited from interviews and other communications provides the foundation for the final written product, although a significant amount of “processing” is typically required. Produce and Maintain Documentation
Knowledge Management Specialists produce documents that distill complex technical concepts for a broader or less technically experienced audience. Some documents used internally to help train employees or provide uniformity for large organizations. Others, such as end-user manuals, designed for a general readership. Knowledge Management Specialists also maintain existing documentation and keep it up to date as products or processes change.
This hands-on role requires great attention to detail, excellent organization skills and flexibility to pivot between highly visible customer priorities to meet deadlines. This position requires candidates to have a current TS/SCI with ability to obtain poly.
• Develop Knowledge Management materials by completing thorough research, analyzing educational resources and assessing the needs of Agency.
• Confer with stakeholders and leverage Service Desk problem ticketing data to identify trends where increased and/or modified Knowledge Management documentation is required.
• Maintain schedule of planned Knowledge Management and related document releases.
• Gather and research graphics and imagery for multi-dimensional messaging.
• Write strategic, clear, and concise copy with the ability to adapt to specific and targeted audience.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Requires a Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in lieu of degree.
• Explanatory writing skills – technical writers must be able to convey complicated ideas to non-expert readers with clarity and a minimum of obscure jargon.
• Information gathering – whether they’re reading existing literature, interviewing subject matter specialists, or analyzing processes, technical writers conduct extensive research to prepare for their writing tasks.
• The ability to absorb complex information and compile good working notes is important for successful technical writing.
• Graphic design – a technical writer may employ a variety of charts, diagrams, and other visual aids to help communicate technical concepts.
• Editing – technical writers work together by reviewing and editing each other’s work to improve its clarity and consistency.
• Familiar with customer / mission.
• Analyzing Data and Information — identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
HHB Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of HHB Systems to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.