Windows System Administrator
HHB Systems is a veteran owned small business known for systems engineering and technical assistance on world class programs. We lead the way in professional management advisory services; analytic support; cybersecurity; systems engineering; systems and application design; acquisitions and integration; as well as systems administration of major analytical DoD and DHS operational systems. We are looking for talented, creative, team-oriented professionals who take pride in providing innovative, relevant, and actionable solutions for our customers' most challenging problems.
The Senior Windows Systems Administrator maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Responsibilities also include:
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 schedule
- Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and Development systems in a Windows environment.
- Perform System Administration activities to include account management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, and managing operating systems.
- Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis.
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- Must have a TS Clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years).
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
- Desired Certification(s): Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA).
- Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012), Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server, Double-Take, Backups/Restore, McAfee, VMware.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree and a minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.