Planner Buyer -Team O2
Reporting To: Activation Manger
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse, Mobext and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
The activation team are responsible for the overarching strategy and implemental planning and buying across all display, mobile, and social media campaigns within Havas Media Group. This role is pivotal in leading the planning and buying of digital activation campaigns (including display, mobile and social.) Supporting the activation manager and director with the strategic direction of the team and clients, you will ensure excellent client management and strategic implementation of campaigns. You’ll also have line management experience of analyst / executives.
- Managing campaigns effectively on a day to day basis.
- Input on performance optimisation and report to key stakeholders as required.
- Prioritise tasking across multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Managing and supporting Client Planning teams across the business.
- Overall responsibility for the planning and procurement of all Activation campaigns.
- When required, responsible for client facing presentations on implementation strategy, campaign recommendations and EOC insight and analysis.
- Management and analysis of available data sources (DMP, 2nd & 3rd Party)
- Playing an integral part in day to day reporting
- Retaining expert level knowledge of digital display
- Meeting with agency partners on a regular basis and feeding back knowledge to the wider agency team and clients if needed
- Prospecting for opportunities to innovate
- Working collaboratively with the Client Planning team to ensure the output matches or excels the expectation from a brief.
- Contributing to new business and pitch work as required.
- Ensuring good work is PR’d internally and/or put forward for external recognition.
- Manage development/mentoring of an activation executive
- Act as consultation and escalation point to activation executive
- Monitoring the day to day aspects of junior employees’ work to ensure high quality output.
- Setting benchmarks for personal development within team
- Providing on the job training and learning opportunities for the activation executive
- Delegating successfully to deliver high quality work promptly into internal stakeholders and clients.
Quality of output
- Excellent attention to detail and rigour around working documents.
- Good time keeping.
- Accurate and timely financial administration.
- Retaining professionalism in a working environment with colleagues at all levels.
Who we’re looking for :
- A good understanding of display planning and buying experience from a media agency background. Ideally you will also have some trading and commercial experience.
- A good knowledge of the fundamentals of both ad-serving and the display technology landscape.
- Significant experience of planning and buying media
- Digital planning experience within an agency, working across various sector accounts
- Knowledge of the DSP landscape and preferably proven experience in working with an agency trading desk.
- A broader understanding of communications planning would also be desirable.
- Line management and experience of developing junior team members
- A degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject field.