- Researches, develops and presents marketing strategies and plans to help client achieve goals and to increase agency billings (in conjunction with Account Director).
- Consults with strategy and planning, creative, media and/or production to be certain client objectives and brand are clearly understood and to develop strategic solutions.
- Supervises account staff to ensure agency product (creative and strategic) meets client strategy and expectations.
- Reviews all client documentation before submission to client to ensure accuracy and consistency across account, including creative strategy briefs, timelines, estimates, media plans, conference reports, point-of-views, results analysis, etc.
- Receives client feedback on agency performance and recommends action to improve or maintain client satisfaction.
- Reviews account revenue forecast with Account Director, identifies challenges and opportunities, and provides recommendations to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Provides pricing guidelines to account team and reviews and approves all client estimates and pricing documents prior to submission to client.
- Manages account workflow and resources and makes staffing recommendations to Account Director.
- Conducts performance appraisals, creates development plans, provides mentoring and training, and delivers ongoing performance feedback to direct reports.
- Ensures account team follows both client and agency processes.
- Enters time reports once a week, at a minimum.
- Builds rapport and credibility with client based on trust and expert counsel, including day-to-day clients and senior clients.
- Develops in-depth expertise in client’s business and markets and shares information with agency team members.
- Addresses and effectively resolves client problems/concerns that require more experience.
- Organizes/spearheads client presentations, meetings and conference calls—prepares agendas, meeting materials, and conference reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- 5 to 8 years of advertising, marketing, brand management, agency account management or related experience required.
- Digital experience required.
- Experience managing a team.