Havas Formula, an award-winning national PR agency is looking for an Account Executive in the Consumer division in our NY office. We are looking for someone who is motivated and has high energy as we work in a fast-paced environment. You must have at least 3 years of broad public relations experience.
The Account Executive role effectively fosters media relationships to ensure brand/client coverage, active participant in influencer marketing programs including sourcing and managing content creation. Provides top notch client service, mentors junior staff and manages division’s internship program. Typically, individuals will contribute to four to six accounts based on division and VP discretion.
Media | Influencer Relations
- Consistently secures 15-20 high quality media placements per month, with 50% in top-tier media outlets as designated by division/client (trade, mainstream, national business or influencer content creation)
- Secures minimum of 1 placement per month for each assigned vertical category per client
- Secures one non-digital hit per month and lands 2-3 tier 1 national business placements per quarter
- Develops 1 new creative pitch per client per month that helps garner press coverage for the client
- Regularly tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business/category
- Monitors headlines to track trends and identify opportunities for clients
- Supports development of and executes influencer campaigns/outreach
- Staffs media interviews with clients, provides feedback and conducts follow-ups with reporters
- Researches client speaking opportunities, industry awards, and competitor analysis
- Maintains consistent contact with all clients; may serve as point person/day-to-day contact on some accounts
- Supports account lead and may act as point person for weekly/bi-weekly client conference calls: Develops agendas, reviews/edits junior staff contributions, staffs calls, and provides call re-caps/action items to team and client
- Attends client meetings, brainstorms, and planning sessions, as needed
- Regularly shares proactive ideas to take to the client
- Contributes to sections of annual client recaps
Writing | Editing:
- Drafts or writes bylined articles, creative briefs, award and speaking submissions as needed
- Drafts press releases, creative pitches, event/launch strategy docs, and other client communications
- Drafts client ready emails (may be reviewed by senior team member prior to distributing to client)
- May assist senior team members with editing client materials written by AAEs and below
Events | Campaigns Management
- Assists team members on event logistics, provides on-site support, works with client on a day-to-day basis, compiles event re-cap, manages and conducts event media relations.
Junior Staff Management | Mentoring:
- Manages division intern program, including interviewing, recommendations for hiring and firing, mid-point reviews and day-to-day supervision
- Provides junior staff with guidance and serves as a mentor, problem solver and go-between for senior staff
- Ensures Buzz is updated correctly and reports are accurate before passing on to account leads
- Oversees junior staff research projects (speaking opportunities, comp analysis, event venues, etc.)
- Delegates tasks to junior team members
- Participates in agency’s Media Boot Camp, Formula University, New Leader Training and other development programs
- Contributes positively to the agency culture, atmosphere and values and exudes a positive outlook on his/her team
- Establishes professional and respectful relationships with staff
- Monitors and records time in agency’s Bill4Time system
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Experience: Three years of relevant public relations or marketing experience
Skills & Abilities Required: Understands evolution of PR in the digital world. Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Has experience in influencer marketing and social media. Strong story-teller with the ability to articulate brand narrative. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Solid and growing presentation skills.
Good leadership qualities and proven ability to lead by example. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Resourceful and solutions focused. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Effectively manages time and follow up. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and use|development of media databases.