Account Director Cross Channel - Westfield, Universal Music & Parcelforce
Office Location: The HKX Building, 3 Pancras Sq, London, N1C 4AG, U.K.
About Havas Media Group
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse, Mobext and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
About Arena Media
Arena Media are a truly unique media agency. Beginning life as a digital specialist, we have digital and data at the heart of what we do, but unlike many other traditional media agencies we combine this expertise with classic above the line planning. We make it our ambition to unlock the relationship between brand and performance media. A truly pioneering approach which meets and exceeds clients’ business targets. We are a group of entrepreneurial, restless but personable people who continuously challenge clients and never ever operate a one size fits all approach.
Visit our global website
An opportunity to take an account leadership role on some of Arena’s core accounts. The portfolio includes Westfield Shopping Centres, Universal Music and Parcelforce; a great combination of performance and branding focused clients to keep the day to day fresh and different. We are seen as a crucial partner for driving business growth and results; having worked with Westfield for over 10 years, Parcelforce for 5 years and more recently the newly formed partnership with Universal Music.
The role will be part of the core client leadership and planning team reporting into a Client Partner and Managing Partner, with responsibility for a team of Managers and Executives. Aswell as the added benefit of a dedicated Arena Digital team to support the day to day planning and execution.
- Managing a portfolio of key clients’ day to day, working closely to understand their business challenges
- Owning the response to client briefs – ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class and delivering against client’s targets and objectives
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of media channels, media mix and implications
- Coordinating the execution of media plans with internal specialist teams and media owners
- Lead and manage client projects through to completion, delivering brilliant basics and innovation
- Demonstration a passion towards the client’s business performance at all times, challenging the status quo
- Building strong, meaningful relationships with clients developing a strong trust based partnership
- Drive innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Strong internal commercial management including accurate and up to date forecasting, committed management of budgets and commercial action plans
- A good eye for delivering profitability and commercial opportunities that will add value to client’s business
- Demonstration of strong upward management skills to ensure that all senior leaders are continually aware of opportunities and risks for clients, the business and people
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for the evolving marketing communications landscape and keeping at the forefront of trends and developments, and inspiring others to do the same
- Oversees the team’s workload and output and owns the appraisal process for direct reports and responsibility for their skills development and performance
- Act as a cultural lead for the agency by leading by example and inspiring others. Embody the Arena values – entrepreneurial, restless, personable and imaginative
- Experience as an account director within a media agency with fast paced clients is a must
- Working knowledge of paid, owned, earned and shared media channels in both digital and offline
- Strong team leadership skills and experience of creating a collaborative team culture
- Proven high level communications experience across client types; ideally brand and performance
- Inspiring presentation skills with clients and in pitches (able to support in new business prep)
- Strong business, market, consumer and brand/performance understanding
- Strong data led planning and previous exposure to Brand research and Econometrics
- Passionate about media and the communications landscape
- Display an agile and innovative way of thinking
- Confident planner across all media; Search and OOH is a must
The Type of Candidate We Are Looking For
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and always looking for ways to improve what we do and how we deliver
- Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable, a fastidious attention to detail
- An organised operator who thrives in a demanding environment given the challenger mentality of Arena
- Gravitas and confidence, someone who can comfortably communicate and relate to all levels of people within a business, including CEO level
- A leader, team player and a passionate motivator. We are committed, driven and action oriented, but we also like to have some fun
- Can flex between the needs of different clients at one time; Westfield, Universal Music and Parcelfore are active all year round with an upweight in Q4 pre Xmas
- Someone who fully understands and will be passionate about our Arena values, our culture is really important to us and our clients
Keywords: media planning, advertising, online, offline, digital, print, account director, management.