Havas Formula, a national public relations agency, is seeking an Account Supervisor to join their Tech division in San Diego, Los Angeles, or New York office! The AS role requires 4-5 years of PR experience. Candidates with a real love for tech preferred.
If you are a strategic thinker, creative contributor, and manager comfortable working on 5-7 accounts, let's chat.
Media | Influencer Relations
- Conducts outreach to top-tier print, broadcast and online media
- Secures editor appointments for clients and 3-5 pieces of tier 1 media coverage a month
- Oversees editorial calendar outreach; delegates assignments to team and takes accountability for staff performance
- Consistently reviews media databases to ensure efficacy
- Develops creative pitch angles and identifies appropriate media outlets
- Manages client approval process and distribution of communications to media
- Regularly tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business/category
- Acts as a senior strategic partner who challenges clients with smart thinking
- Leads daily client communication; attends regular in-person meetings
- Manages weekly/monthly client initiatives, tracking against overall program KPIs
- Fields client requests (typically responsible for all incoming calls and emails)
- Finalizes client call agendas and participates in regular status calls; assigns sections to appropriate team members and prepares team prior to client interactions
- Reviews/edits monthly/quarterly activity and media coverage reports as developed by junior staff, and provides to clients
- Manages event execution and oversees budgets
- Ensures client timelines/plans are being implemented and followed
- Oversees development and implementation of quarterly planning calendars
- Identifies and addresses issues before they become problems with client (and staff)
- Helps set realistic expectations with clients by aligning on success metrics prior to campaign/program execution
Staff Management | Mentoring
- Assists managers with making decisions to ensure team progress
- Edits all press releases, pitch letters and communication materials written by junior team members
- Creates “to-do” list for the team based on client initiatives
- Organizes team meetings (create agenda, etc.)
- Tracks team hours on each account
- Helps train employees (database development, logging time, etc.)
- Acts as a sounding board for junior staff; addresses any issues or concerns
- Holds team accountable for meeting deadlines and hitting media coverage goals
- Regularly communicates with other senior managers as to what you and the team need in order to be successful and proactively provides status updates and next steps
- Participates in agency’s development programs
- Contributes positively to the agency culture, atmosphere and values and exudes a positive outlook on his|her team
- Establishes professional and respectful relationships with staff
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Experience: 4-5 years of relevant PR experience
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Staff- and client-respected leadership qualities demonstrating proven ability to lead by example.
- Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment.
- Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a comfort level handling “hot seat” situations.
- Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
- Experience managing a team and multiple client accounts.
- Knowledge of when to rely on personal judgment and when to seek advice.
- Solid judgement, drive and influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and intellectual curiosity.
- Must be collaborative and results driven.
- Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences.