Director, Digital Investment
Director, Digital Investment
The Director, Digital Investment is a key member of the Digital Investment team of experts responsible for delivering smart, innovative and performance driven Digital campaigns for its clients. They take the lead in identifying and selecting media partners that achieve identified strategic and tactical objectives as laid out by the Connections Planning and Comms Planning teams. They are the primary owners of the vendor relationships and are responsible for all negotiation and value creation with these vendors and for ensuring each plan is executed with excellence. They supply aggregated quantitative and qualitative information for group level reporting for rate and program negotiations. The team is expected to stay at the cutting edge of Digital innovation within the industry and educate the larger brand/client teams on relevant opportunities and challenges.
In order to fulfil these requirements, the Digital Investment team must collaborate seamlessly with other functional teams and specialties. This role reports to the VP, Digital Investment and will support the larger Digital Investment team and manages the junior team.
Digital Media Planning/Buying and Execution
- Oversee all aspects of plan creation ensuring consumer centric fully integrated Digital Media plans that are on brief and meet client objectives.
- Collaborate with Havas specialty teams to deliver full Digital solutions.
- Lead team in providing supporting documentation and rationale for plan recommendations to Connections Planning.
- Negotiate rates, value and terms with media partners that are in line with negotiation strategy set forth by VP, Digital Investment.
- Ensure integrated Digital Plans stay within budget.
- Provide thought leadership in alternative buying models and integrated projects.
- Final approver of campaigns before go live to ensure contractual terms (rate, value and terms) are met prior to order.
- Ensure junior team is executing campaigns with excellence from launch to post buy.
- Support dynamic benchmarking for vendor and tactic specific performance and rates for optimized planning and negotiation.
Vendor Partnerships & Industry Education
- Maintain and grow key marketplace relationships, including senior-level media owner and tech platform contacts.
- Lead creation of agency and client centric POVs when necessary.
- Learn and share updates on key industry trends across the team and agency with clear implications for clients.
- Partner with specialty and partner teams to create case studies and share best practice execution.
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching the full Digital Investment team.
- Conveys the vision and values of the Agency to assigned staff.
- Foster environment of learning for junior staff.
- Participate in the recruitment and growth of junior staff and ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement.
- Create environment of trust and accountability providing clear tasks and objectives when delegating tasks to the team.
- Manage team workload and help drive prioritization when necessary.
- Ensure team delivers on time and accurate work product.
- Participates in new business efforts and advises of the potential for new business opportunities.
- 10+ years of agency experience specifically in a digitally focused role. Prior experience managing a team.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen as expert in the Digital space inclusive of all site direct and all specialty fields.
- Strong understanding of syndicated tools utilized by the team to deliver on planning, buying and reporting, insights and optimization aspects of Digital Media.
- Great business sense and negotiating skills.
- Strong connections in the industry with the knowledge of knowing all the right people and places to go for the deal.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with others.
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of budget restraints.
- Self-Starter/demonstrates initiative.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision making skills.