Account Manager- Toys & Games
Account Manager – Azure Media
Reporting To: Client Services Director
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse, Mobext and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
About Azure Media:
Azure Media is an award-winning toys and games specialist media planning and buying division of Havas Media UK. Originally set up by the Managing Director Jeff Taylor 16 years ago as a toys and games division of independent agency BLM (acquired by Havas 7 years ago), we now represent over 20 toy clients in the UK and account for c.20% of all toys and games advertising spend across AV and digital media. We operate as a standalone specialist division within Havas and have both planning and activation capabilities integrated into one specialist team of 8.
Azure Media has seen growth of over 18% in the past 2 years and the team head count is anticipated to rise by the end of this year. Azure represent clients across the UK toys & games sector which means that no one clients business or their requirements are the same. Due to the innovative and competitive nature of the toy sector, there are always new challenges to keep us busy coupled with the constant evolution of kids and parent’s media consumption, we never stand still for long! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a new challenge, to broaden their horizon’s and specialise in a fun, dynamic and rewarding industry.
The Azure team is divided into Planning/Account Management team and AV Activation team. This role reports into the client services director and will have one report into them (this may grow to 2).The planning team work closely with the AV team as they implement the majority of campaign budgets which is why the team are seated together. By working as one integrated team this enables us to react fast and be flexible according to client and media demands.
In a typical day, you might be working on a brief from a first-time advertiser, giving them the confidence and guidance to take that first steps into advertising, the next day you could be working on a £2m pitch or presenting to a marketing director this years strategy or even writing an article for the trade press. This really is a ‘one off’ opportunity within the media planning industry.
The Azure team are passionate, fun and committed to our clients business and our retention is amongst the highest in Havas. Job roles in this division do not come along regularly. We operate within a highly competitive but unique business sector where there’s constant market and media evolution. In order to be successful in this role you must be inquisitive, work flexibly, be proactive, be able to build strong client relationships, take initiative without being directed, be a self-starter, work efficiently and really commit yourself to the industry to become a valued ‘specialist’ for our clients, therefore this job will suit a certain personality. It’s a fun, vibrant and social industry – you get back what you put in, so this role will suit someone who’s naturally outgoing and sociable, but also able to back this up with detail and focus.
Example of some of Azure Media’s clients; Character Options, LeapFrog, Golden Bear, IMC Toys, Re:creation, Hornby Hobbies, Mookie, Worlds Apart, Interplay, Rubies Masquerade
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to take on more client management and planning responsibility. With kids media evolving at a fast pace, there’s so much opportunity to develop and implement creative and engaging media strategies whilst supporting our clients through this shifting landscape with solid well thought through strategies well executed.
As every client team size and structure is different, as a team we need to be flexible in our approach to meeting client’s requirements and aim to exceed their expectations. We are very much an ‘outward’ facing agency brand and our focus is on building and strengthening our relationships within the industry whilst taking the Azure brand to new clients.
The majority of client spend is currently invested in children’s commercial TV channel airtime (c.90%), however there’s an absolute requirement to be leading in our digital knowledge and capabilities providing solid recommendations and implementation.
You’ll be required to manage internal Havas digital teams, as well as external digital media suppliers from briefing through to implementation, optimisation and reporting.
You will report into Tristan Brooks (Client Services Director) who leads client servicing, new business, strategic planning and account management output across the division. You will have one report into you at Media Executive level.
- Effective client account management
- Effective management and development of Media Executive report
- Creative and innovative thinking whilst communicating in a way that will inspire others
- Develop compelling strategic media thinking
- Create detailed well thought through media plans
- Be a confident and articulate presenter
- Be able to brief and manage internal and external teams effectively
- Be able to meet deadlines whilst managing and meeting client expectations
- Be analytical and inquisitive. Be restless in ‘pulling apart’ data to find leading insights
- Propose bespoke research where relevant to cover off any knowledge ‘gaps’ that may exist.
- Be an integral part of new business process from developing leads and managing the process from initial briefing through strategy, document writing to pitch
- Provide input into Azure brand positioning and marketing strategy
- Be prepared to become a face of the agency to the industry, increasing your profile and visibility of Azure proactively
Who we’re looking for :
- Someone who’s prepared to commit to becoming a specialist in this fun, challenging, innovative and dynamic role
- This role would suit a creative thinker and effective communicator who is self-motivated and takes the initiative on tasks
- The candidate must be able to prioritise and manage their time and others effectively as often they’ll be working across multiple ‘live’ workstreams at any one time.
- As we are a small but highly dynamic team being flexible in work tasks and being a solid communicator is a must.
- The ability to operate and communicate effectively at all client levels from marketing executive through to senior management will be required.
- Networking will be expected as part of your role, not just with current clients but also building relationships with potential new business leads as well as with other relevant industry figures and agencies (e.g. trade publishers, PR agencies, production/creative agencies etc).
- You will be required to immerse yourself in as much relevant client, market and industry data to lead our clients media planning effectively.
The role requires a fairly ‘fluid’ approach as no 2 jobs are the same and the candidate must be prepared to work in a dynamic environment where everyday tasks are different
toys & games, media planning, TV