Reports to: SVP, Head of BO
Functional Reports: Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst, Managing Directors
Employment Classification: Exempt
The Controller ensures that all the Company’s finances are properly administered and monitored, while reporting the financial stability of the organization. He or she provides support and guidance regarding each department’s financial position and contribution to the corporate objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures the timely submittal and accuracy of financial reporting in accordance with corresponding Accounting Principals
- Reviews monthly billings with the Controller and/or Client Accounting Manager, via the Income by Invoice Report from DDS to ensure that all clients are billed in a timely manner, that the corresponding revenue is being recognized appropriately and are in line with the corporate policies and procedures
- Verify that all expenses have been entered into the system and accrue those items that have not yet been presented for payment.
- Review monthly and weekly journal entries in order to properly record and track business expenses and revenue
- Review current financial position in order to project revenue and costs
- Receive and analyze the Accounts Payable and Receivable reports provided by the Client Accounting team
- Perform Expense reviews to ensure that all expenses are recorded and recognized in accordance with corresponding Accounting principals and that any cost savings are communicated to department directors
- When necessary, request a contract for existing or new clients from Legal. After the contract is received, review it with finance and the client or vendor legal departments
- Approximately seven to ten years of Accounting experience
- Three to five years supervising an Accounting Department
Skills and Competencies:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of DDS, TM1 and Magnitude
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
The duties described above are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify or change the work assignments of different positions at any time.