New Business Manager - multiple clients
New Business Manager
Reporting To: Head of New Business and Marketing
Office Location: 3 The HKX Building, Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups founded in 1835 by Charles Louis Havas, founder of the first ever press agency. Havas Group operates in over 100 countries, employing over 16,000 people. There are two major divisions within this group: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (the global media agencies.)
Havas Media Group employs over 700 people in the UK and we have several key business areas: Havas Media, Arena Media, Forward Media, HSE Cake, Field Day, DBi, SCB Partners, Socialyse and Affiperf, based in four separate West End locations.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Havas Media Group as we are in the midst of a phenomenal business transformation and a period of growth. By early 2017 we will be operating as one single operational unit, under one P&L and in one new office location - the new ‘Havas Village’ based in Kings Cross.
Would you like to know more?
Visit our UK website – havasmediagroup.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/havas_mguk
Connect on LinkedIn - linkedin.com/company/havas-media-group-uk
This exciting and fast-paced position sits within our new business and marketing team, focusing on supporting our Havas Media brand. With the belief that brands need to re-connect with consumers and approach marketing differently in order to be meaningful today and tomorrow, Havas Media’s purpose is to become the home of Meaningful Brands®. Through human understanding, connected thinking and seamless delivery, the agency creates meaningful connections that drive business success.
As well as supporting Havas Media across its three office locations (London, Manchester and Dublin), the role will also support Havas Media International (HMI), a specialist unit within Havas Media UK that is dedicated to supporting global and international clients on all levels, covering insight, media, creative and digital.
Working in partnership with another new business manager and reporting into the head of new business and marketing, this role is responsible for leading, driving and project managing the new business process from lead generation to pitch conversion. There are plenty of opportunities to work on some amazing clients and be part of a vibrant, outgoing team.
Whilst the role is based in our London office, with multiple office locations there will be some ad hoc travel requirements.
- Lead and manage Havas Media and HMI’s pitch process including the completion of RFIs, credentials, written submissions, pitch casting and face to face presentations
- Be at the forefront of driving new business leads for both agency groups by developing and activating new business lead generation and prospecting plans
- Direct the design team on your pitches to develop engaging pitch and prospecting collateral
- Administration: Manage InTouch (new business database), case study bank and pipeline report and other reporting tools as and when needed
- A can do attitude with a hunger and proved ability to drive business development
- A strategic approach to driving new business alongside the ability to deliver on new business implementation
- Manage the entire process for RFIs, pitches, chemistry meetings and pitch theatre, knowing when to pull in extra support
- Deliver pitches that we are proud of and follow the new business process from start to finish whilst keeping the pitch team up to date at all times
- Anticipate the needs of the pitch team and make arrangements accordingly
- Diplomatically manage all internal stakeholders to produce the best business development work as an agency group
- Prioritise your workload so that you can manage multiple tasks across numerous projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Support the new business efforts across the wider Havas Media Group when required
Communication and literacy:
- Ability to create credible strategic new business plans and activate
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills with 100% accurate punctuation and grammar and the ability to adapt your written style across various RFIs, pitch collateral and other pitch theatre
- Be able to talk to internal stakeholders at all levels in a way that can influence, persuade and express your opinion with confidence. Manage tricky conversations professionally
- Ability to encourage and help teams follow the Havas Media Group pitch process
- Ability to critique pitches in line with clients business challenges
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills that enable you to communicate your point clearly in group forums and meetings
- Attention to detail in all areas from admin through to proof reading
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll need to have experience of working in a media agency, with demonstrable commercial experience in business development.
- A proven track record in working with multiple stakeholders, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to coordinate lots of people and projects and working in a process
- Super-organised and someone who makes things happen and likes to be accountable
- Agile and flexible working style
- Confidence to be able to deal with the most senior level clients and internal talent
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is always looking for ways to improve what we do
- Happy to work autonomously on some tasks as well as within a team
- Embodies a spirit of entrepreneurialism