Account Director Social (earned media ) - BBC, EDF, Domino's
Reporting To: Business Director
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
We’re Socialyse, part of the Havas group. We’re a 360 social media agency.
We are an expert team of strategists, planners, ideas people, storytellers, content producers, community managers, distributors, analysts and traders.
We connect audiences with content, at speed and scale with absolute precision.
We use tools and tech to predict the conversations that really matter to brands, so we join them at the right time with the right message and optimise in real-time to maximise impact.
We also work with some of the biggest social influencers around to create fun and engaging content for our clients.
We’re a highly motivated, energetic team with a passion for all things social. We like great ideas combined with smart planning and a relentless commitment to results. We’re constantly innovating for our clients, working with all the key platforms in the latest formats to reach audiences in interesting ways. Check out our tumblr and our twitter for the latest musings from the team.
Would you like to know more?
Visit our UK website – http://socialyseuk.tumblr.com/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/socialyseuk
This is an exciting position within Socialyse to act as the Account Director, with a focus on developing and growing our organic business, often working in conjunction with sister agencies within the Havas ‘HKX’ Village in Kings Cross.
You will apply your knowledge and experience of owned, earned, paid and shared social media comms – with a specific focus on creative, content and social influencer marketing, to identify the most appropriate plan to overcome our clients’ challenges.
Secondly you will focus on delivering organic revenue targets, both by growing existing client but identifying new opportunities both in the groups and eternally.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for driving creativity through a deep understanding of creative story telling – and applying this knowledge to the creative and content team .
- Manages a portfolio of Socialyse clients to ensure we are developing clients and revenue
- Key clients will include: BBC, EDF, Domino’s Beer Association
- Supports the Business Director with the day-to-day running organic team and campaigns, from identification and implementation, overseeing and reporting
- A understanding of the owned, earned, paid and shared social landscape – specifically how all elements join to deliver award winning work
- A deep understanding and experience of delivering earned first campaigns for a range of clients in both consumer-facing and business-lead initiatives
- Influencer - support the influencer team to build relationships with influencers, partners, platforms and clients
- Content – understand the role of both paid and organic content and how best it should be championed
- Creative – leading the creative team to deliver best in class work
- To be a story teller – delivering creative best practice and implementation both within your work and the team
- Utilises our tech partners and tools to provide data and insight to all client strategy and planning as well as to ensure smart and consistent measurement and delivery
- Develop innovative, creative and unique approaches to content marketing
- Line manage a number of Socialyse team members, ensuring regular meetings, clear objectives, identifying training and development requirements and ongoing career progression
- Brings innovative, inspiring and award-winning thinking to the Socialyse team, clients and new business
- Helps evangelize Socialyse around key topics, especially our offering and the future of social media and for our clients
- Participates and lead new business opportunities to drive new revenue
- Ensures client work is of high quality, delivered to brief, deadline and budget
- Develop recommendations for clients to further expand their content marketing campaigns
- Stays up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers’ views and attitudes
- Assists in the development of and participation in promoting our influencer offering
- Helps lead and execute the client strategy and planning to ensure the best work
Who we’re looking for:
- An enthusiastic character who is passionate about the social landscape
- Account director experience and ability to communicate with and manage multiple clients, providing first class service to our clients as well as delivering quality and innovative solutions
- Knowledge of key tools to support team and performance
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Someone looking for a rewarding new career opportunity in a fun, forward-thinking agency
- Previous social media experience, with a proven track record of delivering campaigns
- A keen eye for detail and confidence in overseeing influencer content creation
- Experience of client management and clear communication skills, with a strong ability to present ideas with conviction and gravitas
- Experience of line management and assisting in individual development plans.
- Five to seven years in the social media, across one or more of earned, paid and owned activity, either in a specialised team or agency
- Experience in leading on a large, high profile clients, navigating key stakeholders and achieving success in planning and management of social marketing campaigns.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of social media, with a core focus on organic marketing, as well as an understanding of the wider social landscape, with proven strategy, planning, activation and new business skills
- Solid understanding of how owned, earned, shared and paid social media work together and specifically with traditional media and search as well as other marketing disciplines
- Accomplished client manager with experience managing clients
- New business experience and capabilities
- Solid team leadership and people management skills
- Passion for digital media and a thirst for innovation and implementing new ideas
- Ability to set, manage and deliver appropriate KPIs for clients