Havas Formulatin is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our Miami office. The SAE role requires at least 3 years of in-agency PR experience.
We are a national public relations agency with offices in NY, Chicago, Miami, LA and San Diego. We have premier clients across the country and were recently ranked a “Best Place to Work” by the Holmes Report.
About the role: The Senior Account Executive plays a key role in all account activities including writing and strategy, and media relations. The SAE develops new campaign ideas and initiatives to drive top-tier media results, effectively fosters media relationships to ensure brand/client coverage, provides top notch client service, acts as creative contributor on 5-7 accounts (may vary by division), and serves as a mentor to junior staff.
Media | Influencer Relations
- Secures 10-15 placements in a month, with 50% in top-tier media outlets as designated by division/client, secures 1 placement per month for each assigned vertical category per client, and one non-digital hit per month
- Lands two-four tier one national business placements a quarter
- Develops creative ideas for clients that helps garners press coverage
- Uncovers new influencers and outreaches to facilitate ongoing build out of agency database
- Oversees research and progress for client speaking opportunities, awards, and competitor analysis research
- Tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business
- Facilitates and attends client calls, meetings, and planning sessions: Develops agendas, advises clients on initiatives and programs
- Facilitates brainstorm sessions and developments of quarterly PR planning calendars
- Provides new ideas and solutions for all clients
- Participates in client media training sessions and messaging architecture sessions
- Kicks off and supports planning against: product launches, special campaigns, brand storytelling docs, problem solving, thought leadership/expert positioning efforts, quarterly plans, mid-year program recaps, etc.
Writing | Editing
- Writes quality media materials including press releases, bylined articles, creative briefs, award and speaking submissions
- Drafts event/launch strategy docs
Events | Campaigns Management
- Helps to plan and facilitate consumer and business media events (e.g., product launches)
- Helps develop one-off events, launch or other PR strategy
- Coordinates onsite logistics for event and trade shows and represents the company onsite
Junior Staff Management | Mentoring
- Delegates responsibility and manages client deliverables of AEs and below
- Acts as a mentor and sounding board for junior staff
- Encourages and motivates junior staff to think creatively, work smart, stay positive, enjoy their job, and be proud of their work
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Experience: Three to four years of public relations and/or marketing, journalism experience
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong leadership qualities, proven ability to lead by example and has strong presentation skills.
- Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment.
- Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
- Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences.
- Knowledge of when to rely on personal judgment and when to seek advice.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually. Must be resourceful and results driven.