Senior UI/UX Data Designer
About our Design team
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece work.
You're primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You're concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You're most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the Role
Joining a growing product team for an established TAB client, you will be responsible for crafting and delivering elegant design solutions across a suite of data-lead web products. The data sources are large and complex, and so experience working on comparable data-related products is key.
You’ll join at a key time, with the client relationship growing rapidly as an exciting roadmap evolves.
You should have...
· Strong experience in data and information design, creating beautiful and insightful solutions
· Experience in concepting and designing dashboards and / or data-visualisation products
· A strong attention to detail; layout, colour, type, all applied with consideration and consistency
· A user-centred design approach, mindful of best practice, usability and accessibility
· The ability to work on product strategy and vision; not just how products look, but what they do
· Strong communication skills; able to rationalise your approach and influence others
· Experience working both groups and solo as project teams / work streams evolve or scale
· Leading and evolving the look-and-feel of a range of web-based retail data analytics products
· Crafting outstanding experiences that address the needs of our client’s international customers
· Presenting complex data visually, embracing the simplest, clearest designs and interactions
· Adding value to the experience by finding the ideal balance of usability, form and function
· Sharing ideas, designs and recommendations with the team, client and their customers
· Validating small and large concepts and interactions through research and prototyping
· Constantly evaluating what we have done and what we could do next through user-testing
· Iterating and evolving existing products to meet new user or audience needs
· Cultivating innovation within the product team and with project stakeholders
· Working across several streams of work at different stages of development
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
If you are a T-shaped visual designer (UI) with a passion for data and a confident user-experience (UX) streak, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply here, where you can also find out more about design at TAB and our fantastic range of benefits.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index and as UK’s Top 25 fastest growing companies.If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.