Head of External Relationships and Outreach - RBA Alliance
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes have been named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the four years in a row. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Head of External Relationships & Outreach
The Institutes has an exciting opportunity for an innovative professional to oversee all member and participant recruitment and outreach for the RiskBlock Alliance, a consortium of insurers, reinsurers, brokers, agents and other industry organizations. The RiskBlock Alliance is a transformational industry-wide effort led by The Institutes to develop and apply Blockchain and other InsurTech technology. We are looking for a forward-thinking leader with extensive industry contacts to direct and manage the recruitment of new members, oversee all outreach programs, and represent RiskBlock at a variety of industry events and conferences.
- Develop, implement and manage multiple recruitment programs for members and third parties to meet RiskBlock’s aggressive US and Global recruitment goals.
- Analyzes both existing and new customers, identifies growth potential and implements strategies and initiatives that anticipate, understand and react to market and customer needs.
- Represent RiskBlock through industry interaction, including conference speaking, panel discussions, and other media events. Produce thought leadership and be involved in speaking engagements on Blockchain technology at industry events.
- Develop, implement, and manage an aggressive program to educate and form potential members/participants, both locally and globally, working closely with internal and external marketing and media resources.
- Lead team meetings across multiple avenues to collaborate and provide membership/participant updates.
- Responsible for identifying and meeting with potential members/participants through one-on-one meetings, executive briefings, conferences, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience relevant business experience, including experience designing, developing, and delivering complex recruitment and outreach programs.
- Excellent public speaking capabilities and a proven track record of successful speaking engagements.
- Superior reputation and recognized expertise in the insurance industry required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing a variety of business and vendor resources.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and work in a fast paced environment with many initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction.
- Significant travel is required.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!