Marketing Communications Manager
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Marketing Communications Manager
The Institutes are the leader in delivering proven knowledge solutions that drive powerful business results for the risk management and property-casualty industry. We are looking for a creative and organized team player who works well in a fast-paced and changing environment to join our Marketing team. The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for the communications and marketing for several of The Institutes’ affiliate organizations. The position will develop and manage communications tools to grow membership, increase event attendance, and improve constituent outreach. Do you have skills in marketing, writing compelling messages, social media, website content, time management, project organization, and problem-solving? If so, come join our team!
- Manage full life cycle marketing campaigns for various brands including but not limited to print and digital content.
- Write news releases, profiles, and stories highlighting the affiliates’ work and activities.
- Produce and distribute content-focused “newsletters” that include chapter/member/volunteer/attendee highlights to enhance and increase engagement and relevancy while encouraging ongoing conversations.
- Manage video creation for campaigns. Review raw video footage and recommend/implement repurposing opportunities.
- Develop, update, and maintain print and electronic collateral as needed.
- Track communication metrics such as social, email, etc. (may be in collaboration with external partners)
- Partner with brand leaders, editing and design departments, as well as external partners.
- Work with affiliate staff to ensure alignment in communications. This includes the promotion of educational and networking programs across the web, social media, e-mail, print, and other distribution and marketing platforms.
- Identify and support cross-marketing opportunities.
- Travel to major events and programs as needed. Ensure successful onsite execution of events alongside affiliate teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Superb writer, comfortable in both long and short-form; Strong editorial skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, InDesign/PhotoShop customer management systems, website platforms, social media platforms. Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Informz, Higher Logic, and iMIS a plus.
- Experience with Slack, Adobe, and Google Analytics a plus.
- General awareness of emerging trends impacting insurance professionals preferred.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern - free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25 mile-long walking path!
The role is remote currently, and for the near future.